Urinary tract infections caused by sensitive strains of E. coli, Klebsiella spp, Enterobacter spp, Morganella morganii, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris.;
– acute otitis media caused by susceptible to malaria H. influenzae, Str. pneumoniae;
– exacerbation of chronic bronchitis caused by susceptible to malaria H. influenzae, Str. pneumoniae;
– bacteriological confirmation of pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis carinis;
– digestive tract infection caused by sensitive Shigella flexneri, Shigella sonnei;
– travelers’ diarrhea caused by enterotoxigenic strains of E. coli.
Biseptolum is prescribed for inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract infections caused by of Shigella, and exacerbation of chronic bronchitis in adults the average dose – 960 mg (2 tablets Biseptol 400/80 mg 8 tablets Biseptol 100/20 mg) orally 2 times a day.
Hypersensitivity to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, or; megaloblastic anemia caused by folic acid deficiency.
During pregnancy and lactation, children under the age of 6 years, severe renal and hepatic failure.