Cefuroxime BCPP Indications
Infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to the drug:
– respiratory tract infections (acute and chronic bronchitis, bacterial pneumonia, infected bronchiectasis, lung abscess, postoperative infections of the chest cavity);
– upper respiratory tract infections (sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media);
– urinary tract infections (acute and chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis, asymptomatic bacteriuria);
– soft tissue infections (cellulitis, erysipelas, wound infection);
– bone and joint infections (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis);
– obstetrics and gynecology (inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs);
– gonorrhea, especially when penicillin is contraindicated;
– other infections (septicemia, meningitis, peritonitis).
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
Dosage and administrations
Before applying recommended to do skin test tolerability.
Cefuroxime BCPP is administered intramuscularly or intravenously.