Lower respiratory tract infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria:
– Exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
– Bronchopulmonary infection in cystic fibrosis or in bronchiectasis;
· Chronic suppurative otitis media.
· Exacerbation of chronic sinusitis especially if it is caused by gram-negative bacteria.
· Infections of the urinary tract.
· Gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis.
· Orhoepidydymit, particularly caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
· Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, especially caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. In the above genital tract infections when known or suspected to pathogen Neisseria gonorrhoeae as particularly important to obtain local information on resistance to ciprofloxacin and to confirm susceptibility based on laboratory tests.
· Infections of the gastrointestinal tract (eg travelers diarrhea).
· Intra-abdominal infections.
· Infections of skin and soft tissue caused by Gram-negative bacteria.
· Severe otitis external ear.
· Infections of bones and joints.
· Treatment of infections in patients with neutropenia.
· Prevention of infections in patients with neutropenia.
· Prevention of invasive infections caused by Neisseria meningitidis.
· Pulmonary anthrax (after exposure prevention and radical treatment).
Children and adolescents
• bronchopulmonary infection in cystic fibrosis caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas aeruginosa)
• Complicated urinary tract infections and pyelonephritis.
• Pulmonary anthrax (after exposure prevention and radical treatment).
The drug should not be used with hypersensitivity to the active substance – ciprofloxacin – to other drugs of fluoroquinolones or to any of the excipients of the drug. Concurrent administration of ciprofloxacin and tizanidine is contraindicated (see. Section “Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction”).
Dosage & Administration
The dose is determined according to the indication, the severity and location of the infection, sensitivity organism (organisms) -zbudnyka (pathogens) to ciprofloxacin, renal function of the patient, and in children and adolescents – according to body weight. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease, clinical features and the type of pathogen.