The treatment of serious infections caused by microorganisms susceptible to the drug (including Staphylococcus aureus), in patients who are allergic to penicillin. In aerobic infections clindamycin is an alternative if other antimicrobial drugs do not work or are contraindicated. In the case of anaerobic infections clindamycin is considered the drug of first choice.
– Infections of the upper respiratory tract, chronic sinusitis caused by anaerobes. Some cases of chronic suppurative otitis media or as maintenance therapy in combination with antibiotics active against gram-negative aerobic microorganisms.
In cases of recurrence farynhotonzylitiv when other antibacterial drugs are not or are contraindicated (penicillin, erythromycin and macrolide drugs, cephalosporins).
– Lower respiratory tract infections, such as:
– Aspiration pneumonia, lung abscess, necrotizing pneumonia and empyema;
As a means of adjuvant in the treatment of pulmonary infections caused by gram-negative organisms, to inhibition of Gram-positive cocci and anaerobic microorganisms.
– Severe infections of the skin and soft tissues.
– Bone and joint infections, such as osteomyelitis and septic arthritis.
– Serious gynecological infections, including endometritis, infectious lesions fat, paravahinalni infections, abscesses and salpingitis tuboovarialnogo while antibiotics active against gram-negative aerobic microorganisms. Monotherapy with clindamycin cervicitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
While abdominal infections, including peritonitis and abdominal abscesses, drug of choice is clindamycin combined with sufficient antibiotic activity against gram-negative aerobic organisms.
If concomitant administration with appropriate antibiotic effective against gram-negative microorganisms, such as aminozyd, clindamycin is effective for the prevention of peritonitis or intra-abdominal abscess after bowel perforation and bacterial contamination due to injury.
– Septicemia and endocarditis.
– Dental infections such as periodentalnyy abscess and periodontitis.
– Treatment of encephalitis caused Tohorlasta, AIDS, combined with pyrimetaminom in patients intolerant of conventional therapy.
– Treatment of pneumonia caused Rpeytosystis sarini in AIDS patients. Clindamycin used in combination with prymahinom patients intolerant of conventional treatments (sulfadiazine) or with insufficient response to treatment.
– As monotherapy in the treatment of malaria caused by drug resistant falciparum R. or in combination with quinine or amodiakinom as an alternative therapy. In case of severe infections should be IP vitro tests for sensitivity.
Hypersensitivity to clindamycin or lincomycin-M, myasthenia gravis. Expressed human liver or kidney. Hypersensitivity to any other excipients of the drug. Infectious meningitis.
Dosage & Administration
As with all antibiotics, dosage and method of application should be determined depending on the severity of the infection, the patient and the sensitivity of microorganisms that are causative agents of disease. To avoid irritation of the esophagus, the capsule is recommended to drink a glass of water.