Imodium Loperamide 2mg 6 capsules
Symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhea in adults and children 12 years of age.
Symptomatic treatment of acute episodes of diarrhea caused by irritable bowel syndrome, in adults aged 18 years after the initial diagnosis by a doctor.
– Patients with known hypersensitivity to loperamide hydrochloride or to any of the components of the drug;
– children under 12 years of age;
– patients with acute dysentery, characterized by the presence of blood in the emptying and elevated body temperature;
– patients with acute ulcerative colitis or pseudomembranous colitis associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics;
– Patients with bacterial enterocolitis caused by microorganisms of the families Salmonella, Shigella and Campylobacter.
Dosage & Administration
Imodium is not intended for initial therapy of severe diarrhea, which is accompanied by a decrease in fluid levels and electrolytes.
Capsules should be taken with liquid.