Isosorbide mononitrate Indications
– prevention of angina attacks;
– congestive heart failure.
Dosage & Administration
The drug is administered orally before meals, drinking plenty of fluids.
The recommended dose – 40 mg (1 tablet), 2 times a day. The daily dose, depending on the severity of the disease, may reach 160 mg (maximum daily dose), distributed into 3 doses.
In order to achieve maximum therapeutic effect of the drug dosing of the individual recommended depending on the patient’s condition and response to drug tolerability. To prevent the development of tolerance to nitrates (for any dosing regimen) necessary to provide the 10-12 hour interval beznitratny (usually at night).
To determine individual dosing is important hemodynamic monitoring.
– sensitivity to the active ingredient or any component of the formulation;
– acute circulatory failure, severe hypotension or hypovolemia, collapse, shock;
– acute myocardial infarction with low ventricular filling pressure of the left;
– severe anemia;
– recently transferred head injury or brain hemorrhage;
– simultaneous use with sildenafilom and other phosphodiesterase inhibitors;
– pregnancy and breastfeeding;
– child age.