– complex treatment of coronary heart disease (angina, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy dishormonal);
– acute and chronic circulatory disorders of the brain (brain stroke and chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency);
– hemophthalmus and hemorrhages in the retina of different etiology, thrombosis, central retinal vein and its branches, retinopathy of different etiology (diabetic, hypertension);
– reduced performance, physical overload;
– withdrawal syndrome in chronic alcoholism (in combination with specific alcoholism therapy).
Hypersensitivity to the drug, increased intracranial pressure (in violation of the venous outflow, with intracranial tumors), organic central nervous system (CNS). Children age.
Dosage & Administration
For internal use. Due to the possible excitatory effect, the drug is recommended to be used in the morning.
Diseases of the heart and vascular system, cerebrovascular disorders. The dose is 500-1000 mg per day. The daily dose can be used all at once or divided into 2 doses. The maximum daily dose is 1000 mg.
Reduced efficiency, overexertion and recovery period. The dose is 500 mg per day. The daily dose can be used all at once or divided into two single doses. The maximum daily dose is 500 mg. The duration of treatment is 4-6 weeks. The course of treatment can be repeated 2-3 times a year.
Elderly patients with hepatic and / or renal impairment may require a dose reduction of meldonium.
Patients with impaired renal function.
Because the drug is excreted through the kidneys, patients with renal impairment from mild to moderate severity should use a lower dose of meldonium.
Patients with liver dysfunction.
Patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment should use a lower dose of meldonium.
There are no data on the safety and efficacy of meldonium in children under 18 years of age, so the use of meldonium in this category of patients is contraindicated.