– Short-term symptomatic treatment of exacerbation of osteoarthritis.
– Long-term symptomatic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
– Hypersensitivity to meloxicam or other components of the drug, or active substances with a similar action, such as NSAIDs, aspirin. Meloxicam should not be given to patients who have asthma symptoms arise, nasal polyps, angioneurotic edema or urticaria after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
– Gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation related to previous NSAIDs therapy history
– Active or recurrent peptic ulcer / bleeding history (two or more separate confirmed cases of ulcers or bleeding)
– Severe hepatic insufficiency
– Severe renal insufficiency without the use of dialysis
– Gastrointestinal bleeding, cerebrovascular bleeding or a history of other blood clotting
– Severe heart failure
– Perioperative pain in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
The total daily amount of drug should be used single, with water or another liquid, during a meal.