Peritol 20 tablets 4mg (Cyproheptadine)
– Allergic diseases, such as: acute and chronic urticaria, angioedema, drug rash, eczema, eczematous dermatitis, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis, serum sickness and insect bites.
– Carcinoid syndrome (symptomatic treatment).
– Headache vascular origin (treatment of migraine and histamine).
– To improve the appetite and general condition of malnourished patients and patients with loss of appetite, for various reasons (anorexia nervosa, anorexia idiopathic, post infectious diseases, chronic diseases, the period of convalescence, exhaustion).
– Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any other component of the product;
– Asthma attacks;
– Stenozovana peptic ulcer, pyloric stenosis;
– State, accompanied by urinary retention (symptomatic hypertrophy of the prostate, bladder neck contracture);
– Simultaneous use of MAO inhibitors;
– Contraindicated in persons of advanced age (over 65 years) and debilitated patients;
– Contraindicated newborn or premature babies.
Dosage & Administration
The dose should be determined individually. The effect of a single dose usually lasts four to six hours. To ensure the continued effectiveness of the drug daily dose should be divided into three doses a day, or use the drug as often as necessary to ensure continuous care. Since sedation occurs more often at the beginning of treatment, it is recommended to take the first dose in the evening after the last meal.
The usual initial daily dose is 12 mg (1 tablet 3 times a day).
Chronic urticaria: 6 mg (1/2 tablets 3 times a day) until symptoms disappear disease.
Acute migraine: 4 mg (1 tablet) once. If the pain persists, take 30 minutes is 4 mg (1 tablet) drug, but the total dose of Peitol adopted for 4-6 hours should not exceed 8 mg (2 tablets).