Risedronic acid Indications
– Treatment of after menopause osteoporosis, to reduce the risk of vertebral fractures.
– Treatment of after menopause confirmed osteoporosis, to reduce the risk of hip fracture.
– Treatment of osteoporosis in men at high risk of fractures.
– Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug
– Severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance <30 ml / min)
Dosage & Administration
The recommended dose – 35 mg 1 time per week, orally.
To achieve a certain effect must strictly adhere to the instructions of the drug. The drug should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before a meal, drink (except plain water) or other drugs. Tablets should be swallowed without chewing and demands water. The tablet should be taken standing by a swallow and needs plenty of water (at least 120 ml) to hit it in the stomach.
For at least 30 minutes after taking the pill, patients must be upright.