Tafen Nasal Budesonide nasal spray, 50 mcg/dose, 200 doses
Tafen Nasal Budesonide nasal spray
Prevention and treatment of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, non-allergic rhinitis and nasal polyps.
Produced in Slovenia
Remedies used for diseases of the nasal cavity. Corticosteroids. ATX code R01A D05.
Active ingredient: budesonide
1 ml of suspension contains 1 mg budesonide (1 dose contains 50 mcg budesonide); excipients: methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 216), microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, polysorbate 80, simethicone emulsion, propylene glycol, sucrose, sodium edetate, concentrated hydrochloric acid, purified water.
Tafen Nasal remedy using for prevention and treatment of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, non-allergic rhinitis and nasal polyps.
Hypersensitivity to budesonide or to any other ingredient in the drug. Untreated fungal, bacterial or viral infection of the respiratory system, active form of pulmonary tuberculosis, subatrophic rhinitis.
Method of administration and dosage:
Adults and children over 6 years old.
The initial dose is 400 mcg of budesonide per day: 2 doses of 50 mcg of budesonide (2 clicks) in each nostril 2 times a day.
The usual maintenance dose is 200 mcg of budesonide per day: 1 dose of 50 mcg of budesonide in each nostril 2 times a day or 2 doses in each nostril 1 time per day in the morning. The maintenance dose should be the lowest effective dose that relieves the symptoms of rhinitis.
The maximum single dose is 200 mcg (100 mcg in each nostril), the maximum daily dose is 400 mcg. The course of treatment is no more than 3 months. To achieve the optimal therapeutic effect, it is necessary to use the drug regularly and correctly.
The effect comes after several days of treatment. If a dose has been missed, the drug should be taken as soon as possible, but at least 1 hour before taking the next dose. When you stop taking the drug, reduce the dose gradually.
Instructions for using the spray.
Correct use of the drug reduces the frequency of adverse reactions and improves the therapeutic effect.
- Before use, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the nostrils with sodium chloride solution.
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Shake the bottle.
- When using the bottle, release some of the spray into the air. Press the nasal adapter several times until a light mist appears. Repeat the procedure if spray has not been used for several days. If the adapter is locked, gently push it down and clean it (see “Adapter Cleaning Procedure” below).
- Tilt your head forward to see your toes. Insert the nozzle into the left nostril and direct it towards the outside wall.
- Press on the adapter to squeeze out one shot of spray and inhale (inhale) it.
- Insert the nozzle into the right nostril and direct it to the outer wall, squeeze out one portion of the spray and inhale (inhale) it.
After use, wipe the adapter with a clean cloth and replace the cap. Store the bottle in an upright position with the cap facing up.
Adapter cleaning procedure. The adapter and cap should be cleaned regularly: gently tilt the adapter down, rinse it with warm and rinse with cold water, then air dry. Carefully return the adapter to its original position and replace the cap. If the nasal adapter is blocked, it must be soaked in warm water and cleaned as described above. Do not use needles or other sharp objects for this.
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 °C.
Produced in Slovenia